Disclaimers and agreementsMember's Agreement
For the terms of this agreement the sitter can be registered with either or both the Pet Sitters Directory for Tourists and the "Local Mates" Register.
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions may be modified in any way as required and notification will only be made by posting the amended version on the petplaces website (see Terms and Conditions & Disclaimer). Continued access to our Members Area indicates the Member’s acceptance of the terms and conditions in their amended form.
- Membership is only available to persons over the age of 18 years.
- Membership is non transferable. A User Id and Password are issued for the sole use of that Member and his immediate family only.
- Membership is renewable annually. Notification will be given one month prior to the anniversary of membership for payment of any fees due.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- PetPlaces reserves the right to refuse or cancel membership should we believe
i) you have breached the terms and conditions
ii) your actions may result in legal liability to you, PetPlaces or a third party.
iii) you have through action or word harmed PetPlaces’ reputation or that of its registered Sitters
iv) You have harmed, abused or mistreated animals in your care.
- Members contact Sitters direct and only via the medium indicated on the website i.e. email or phone/mobile. Members are expected to respect the privacy of the Sitter, be courteous in their dealings with them and respect any decision Sitters make in regards to the offering or refusal of their services.
- Members are not obliged to use the services of any sitter.
- PetPlaces reserves the right to refuse to post on the website material submitted by Members that is considered by PetPlaces to be obscene, abusive, defamatory, threatening or not in the best interest of PetPlaces, its Members or Sitters.
- Members are expected to adhere to generally accepted internet etiquette and be considerate of expectations and sensitivity of others.
- The printing/copying and distribution of the directories or parts thereof to non-members is strictly prohibited.
- Due to the public nature of the internet all information should be considered publicly accessible. Members are responsible for any information including their own private details, they request to have posted on the site about themselves. PetPlaces urges Members to only use such information that they are comfortable to share with other Members.
- PetPlaces is purely a provider of information.
- Petplaces is not an agent for you (the Member) nor for its Sitters nor any business advertised on the site.
- PetPlaces acts as a medium to allow you the Member to give and seek information and advice from other Members, Sitters and businesses. Also to place classifieds on its website and for other Members to contact you direct in the manner you have indicated. (Note: PetPlaces recommends that you are cautious with your contact details so as to protect your privacy, safety and security).
- PetPlaces is not involved in the actual transactions between Members and Sitters, nor between Members and businesses advertised on the site, and therefore has no control over any of these dealings.
- PetPlaces is not responsible or liable for any losses, claims, demands, proceedings and damages made by you, a Sitter or any other party.
- The materials in PetPlaces are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law we disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied. We do not warrant that the function contained in the material on the PetPlaces site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the PetPlaces site or the server that make such materials available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representation regarding the use or the results of the use of any materials on the PetPlaces site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. You assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or corrections.
- PetPlaces does not take any responsibility, liability or indemnity for any advice or information, including advertisements listed on its website by other individuals or businesses, nor does it give any assurances, warranties or guarantees in relation to the dealings with other Members, Sitters or businesses.
- Advertisements placed on petplaces.com.au do not imply endorsement or recommendation unless otherwise stated. Comments made by Members are views of those Members and not necessarily those of PetPlaces unless otherwise stated.
- Links to other websites are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.
- PetPlaces cannot and does not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other websites that you may be able to access through our site.
- We explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, content or availability of information found on sites that link to or from PetPlaces. We cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase on third party sites that link to or from PetPlaces or third party content on our site. We do not endorse any of the merchandise, nor have we taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third party sites or contents. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give to any third party and you hereby irrevocably waive any claims against us with respect to such sites and third party content. We strongly encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with these third parties.
- Each paragraph in this disclaimer shall be deemed to be separate and severable from each other. If any paragraph is found to be illegal, prohibited or unenforceable then this shall not invalidate any other paragraphs.
PetPlaces collects information about you, provided by you in the Application for Membership Form. This includes such information as name, address, telephone numbers and email address and is treated as strictly confidential.
PetPlaces has implemented security features in its database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
PetPlaces does not disclose, rent, lease, sell, share or distribute its Member list or any personal information provided to us by Members to third parties.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters or promotional mail. You have the right to request to be removed from our email/mail list.
From time to time you may need to update your personal information. You may do so by contacting PetPlaces at the addresses listed below.
PetPlaces collects a range of information about visits to this website. This information is collected for statistical analysis purposes only and no attempt is made by PetPlaces to identify the user or their browsing activities.
Limitation of Liability
The Member acknowledges and agrees that PetPlaces will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim or demand incurred or made by any person whether based in tort, contract, statute or otherwise arising from the provision of information on PetPlaces, or by failure to provide the information on PetPlaces and whether the same was caused directly or indirectly by delay, error, omission, negligence or otherwise and whether the same was caused by PetPlaces.
The Member agrees to indemnify PetPlaces against all claims, demands, damages, costs, penalties, suits and liabilities of any nature however caused, whether by PetPlaces negligence or otherwise, arising out of the provision of or failure to provide information on PetPlaces.Agreement